Friends, I hope you will be fine, today we will tell you about 10 Best Places to Visit in Colorado, which you must visit once in your life and if you get a chance, you should visit again and again.
Today we have come up with such an article “Best Places to Visit in Colorado” in which you will get complete information about “Best Places to Visit in Colorado” as well as will tell about the way and expenses to go there.
Top 10 Best Places to Visit in Colorado
1.Rocky Mountain National Park – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Nestled amidst the majestic Rocky Mountains, the Rocky Mountain National Park is a heaven for nature enthusiasts. With its soaring peaks, pristine alpine lakes, and abundant wildlife, this national park is a haven for hikers, photographers, and anyone seeking serenity.
Witness the splendor of the Trail Ridge Road, the tallest continuous paved road in the United States, offering breathtaking vistas of the surrounding landscapes.
How To Reach Rocky Mountain National Park –
- Denver International Airport (DEN): The most common gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park is through Denver International Airport, located approximately 70 miles southeast of the park. After landing at Denver Airport, you can rent a car or take a shuttle service to reach the park.
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS): Situated about 150 miles south of the park, Colorado Springs Airport is another option for air travel. From here, you can rent a car or take ground transportation to Rocky Mountain National Park.
- From Denver: If you’re driving from Denver, take I-25 North to US-36 West. Continue on US-36 West, passing through Boulder, until you reach Estes Park, the eastern entrance to the park.
- From Colorado Springs: If you’re coming from Colorado Springs, take I-25 North to US-24 West. Drive through the town of Manitou Springs, then turn left onto CO-67 North. Follow CO-67 North until you reach US-24 West again. Continue on US-24 West, and then take US-285 North to US-34 West, leading you to the park’s western entrance.
- From Boulder: If you’re starting in Boulder, take CO-119 North until it merges with CO-7 West. Follow CO-7 West until you reach Estes Park, the eastern entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park.
2.Garden of the Gods – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Prepare to be astonished at the Garden of the Gods, a geological wonder located in Colorado Springs. Marvel at the towering sandstone rock formations, some as old as 300 million years, that form an otherworldly landscape. Whether you’re hiking, rock climbing, or just taking a leisurely stroll, the Garden of the Gods offers an unforgettable experience.
How to Reach Garden of the Gods
- From Denver: If you’re starting in Denver, the approximate drive time to Garden of the Gods is about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Take I-25 South, and then take Exit 146 for Garden of the Gods Road. Follow the signs to Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center, where you can park your vehicle and begin your exploration.
- From Colorado Springs: If you’re already in Colorado Springs, getting to Garden of the Gods is even easier. From the downtown area, head west on W Colorado Avenue until you reach the park’s main entrance. There are several parking areas available throughout the park.
By Public Transportation:
- Mountain Metro Transit: If you prefer public transportation, you can take advantage of Mountain Metro Transit, which offers bus services in the Colorado Springs area. Route 16 serves Garden of the Gods, making stops near the park’s main entrance.
3.Mesa Verde National Park – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Travel back in time at Mesa Verde National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that preserves the ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings. Explore the impressive architectural wonders built into the cliffs, gaining insight into the lives of the Ancestral Puebloans who once called this place home.
How to reach Mesa Verde National Park –
- From Denver: If you’re starting in Denver, the approximate drive time to Mesa Verde National Park is approximately 7-8 hours. Take US-285 South from Denver to US-160 West, which will take you to Cortez. From Cortez, take CO-160 East to the Mesa Verde National Park entrance.
- From Durango: If you’re in Durango, it is a scenic 1-hour drive to the park. Take US-160 East from Durango to the Mesa Verde National Park entrance.
- Durango-La Plata County Airport (DRO): The nearest major airport to Mesa Verde National Park is the Durango-La Plata County Airport. It is located about 35 miles west of the park entrance. From the airport, rent a car or take shuttle service to reach the park.
- Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ): If you can’t find a convenient flight to Durango, Albuquerque International Sunport is another alternative. It’s approximately a 4-hour drive from Albuquerque to the Mesa Verde National Park.
4.Aspen – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Renowned for its world-class skiing and luxurious resorts, Aspen is a premier destination for winter sports enthusiasts and celebrities alike. Beyond the snowy slopes, Aspen charms visitors with its vibrant arts scene, upscale shopping and exquisite dining options.
5.Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Prepare to be transported to a surreal landscape at Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. Home to the tallest sand dunes in North America, the park offers a unique combination of towering dunes, lush forests, and alpine peaks, making it a photographer’s dream and an adventurer’s playground.
6.Denver – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Embrace the urban allure of Denver, Colorado’s dynamic capital city. From its bustling downtown to its historic neighborhoods, Denver offers a varied range of attractions. Visit the Denver Art Museum, catch a game at Coors Field, or explore the trendy RiNO district filled with art galleries and craft breweries.
7.Black Canyon of Gunnison National Park – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Be prepared to be awestruck by the dramatic scenery of Black Canyon of Gunnison National Park. Carved out by the Gunnison River, the canyon features sheer cliffs that drop nearly 2,000 feet, creating a breathtaking sight that is a treat for photographers and nature lovers alike.
8.Telluride – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Nestled in a box canyon and surrounded by majestic peaks, Telluride is a picturesque city known for its charming streets, world-class ski resorts, and vibrant festivals. Whether you visit in summer or winter, Telluride promises a delightful escape with its stunning beauty and friendly atmosphere.
9.Vail – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Vail, an alpine village famed for its luxurious ski resorts, attracts visitors from around the globe. Beyond its winter allure, Vail offers a multitude of outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, and fishing. Explore Vail Village, filled with shops, galleries, and fine dining establishments.
10.Pikes Peak – Best Places to Visit in Colorado
Scale the heights of Pikes Peak, one of Colorados most iconic 14ers (mountains exceeding 14,000 feet). Whether you choose to drive up the picturesque Pikes Peak Highway or hike the exhilarating Barr Trail, the panoramic views from the summit will reward your efforts and leave you breathless.
- What is the best Locksmith training course ? 10 Best Locksmith training course
- Sharekhan Demat Account Complete Information | Charges | Form | Benifits
- Top 10 Affordable Best Gaming Laptops Under $900 in 2023 |