Sachin Tendulkar is one of the greatest cricketers to have ever played the game. He was born on April 24, 1973, in Mumbai, India. He made his debut for India at the young age of 16 and went on to have a long and illustrious career.
In this article, we will take a closer look at Sachin Tendulkar’s career stats and achievements.
Sachin Tendulkar Career Stats
Sachin Tendulkar played 200 Test matches for India, scoring 15,921 runs with an average of 53.78. He also scored 51 Test centuries, the most by any player in the history of the game. Tendulkar’s highest Test score was 248 not out, which he scored against Bangladesh in 2004.
In One Day Internationals (ODIs), Tendulkar played 463 matches, scoring 18,426 runs with an average of 44.83. He scored 49 ODI centuries, another record that still stands today. Tendulkar’s highest ODI score was 200 not out, which he scored against South Africa in 2010.
Tendulkar was also a handy bowler, especially in his early days. He took 46 Test wickets and 154 ODI wickets, with his best figures in Tests being 3 for 10 and in ODIs being 5 for 32.
Sachin Tendulkar Achievements
Sachin Tendulkar’s achievements on the cricket field are too many to list, but here are some of the most notable ones:
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year: Tendulkar was named Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 1997, becoming the first Indian to receive the prestigious award.
- World Cup Win: Tendulkar was a part of the Indian team that won the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. He scored 482 runs in the tournament, including two centuries.
- Bharat Ratna: In 2014, Tendulkar became the first sportsperson to be awarded India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna.
- Most Test runs: Tendulkar scored the most Test runs in the history of the game, surpassing Brian Lara’s record of 11,953 runs.
- Most ODI runs: Tendulkar also scored the most ODI runs in the history of the game, amassing 18,426 runs in 463 matches.
- Most Test centuries: Tendulkar scored the most Test centuries in the history of the game, with 51 hundreds to his name.
- Most ODI centuries: Tendulkar also scored the most ODI centuries in the history of the game, with 49 hundreds to his name.
- Most Man of the Match awards: Tendulkar has won the most Man of the Match awards in ODIs, with 62 to his name.
Sachin Tendulkar’s career stats and achievements are a testament to his greatness as a cricketer. He remains an inspiration to many young cricketers and his legacy continues to live on in the world of cricket. His records and achievements are likely to remain unbroken for a long time to come.
- Virat Kohli made a great record in ODI Cricket, Created history by doing this amazing thing in Guwahati.
- 20 Great Records Made by Virat Kohli in ODIs
- Top 20 Unforgettable Records created by Virat Kohli in Test Cricket